Tuesday 7 August 2012

women palaver..."offer naked sacrifice or no husband!"

I am a female in my late 20's. One day, a Pastor from a pentecostal church came to visit me at my house. This Pastor was accompanied by an elderly woman.
They found me at home with my friend of mine, who had come to visit me from Choma in Luapula, Zambia. After the introductions, the Pastor started encouraging us about going to church and believing in God always.

Later on, he asked to talk to me privately. During our private talk, he said I was still single because an evil curse has been place on me from my father’s family. He said the following Wednesday, both of us should pray and fast so as to unveil the way forward through God's revelation.

After the fast on that day, we had prayers and later in the week, he asked me to see him. When I met him, he told me that in order for my curse to be broken, I needed to offer a sacrifice to God. He asked me what I valued most. I told him it was my salary.

I agreed to offer a sacrifice in form of money (salary). He told me that once I was ready with that money, I should contact him so that he could give me the guidelines on how the sacrifice was to be offered because sacrifices are not offered anyhow.

When I got the money, I sent a message to him. He asked me to go to his house where he gave me some scriptures and instructions. The instructions were that between 11:30pm and 12am, I should take off all my clothes and be uncloth (alone in my bedroom).

According to him, God does not delight in nakedness so he will give me what I ask for from Him, get the money and put it in my hands and sing some worship songs and later pray with the money in my hands and then take the money to church the following day.

I agreed to do this, but when I reached home I started feeling undecided of what to do. Something within me told me that no one in the Bible had ever given a sacrifice to God whilst uncloth. The whole thing became confusing and in the end, I just started crying because I was filled with fear and confusion.

I ended up not doing it. I told myself that I was not going to do something which I did not fully understand. The following day, the pastor asked me if I had done what I was told to do, I told him that I had not done so. He said I was too weak in faith by allowing myself to be succumbed to the devil.

I asked him if I could just pray with the sacrifice in one of the nights when we have an overnight services at church. He said no. He claimed that the sacrifice has to be prayed for alone in my bedroom. I started asking friends, but I got different views.

Some were saying it was a strange thing, others said I should go ahead with it. My humble request from you readers is to know what you think? I might learn something very wise from you.

culled from NAIJA 247 NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment